Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Pregnancy Care Center of Richmond Hill!
The Pregnancy Care Center of Richmond Hill recruits, selects, and mentors qualified applicants to serve as Center volunteers.
There are two levels of volunteer positions:
Center Based Volunteers have no direct client contact.
Examples: Serving on specific committees, sorting and folding baby clothes, participating in Center events such as a fundraiser, teaching a one-time class
Client Advocate Volunteers have one-on-one client contact. These are regular and consistent volunteers.
Examples: Client Advocate Counselors, receptionists, and other positions that deal directly with clients
The distinction of volunteers may affect the qualifications and/or screening process as applicable.
The process for becoming a Volunteer is:
- Submit a written application (link below)
- Participate in initial volunteer training related to required duties
- Complete interview with the Director
Upon completion of the three steps, the Director and a Board Member, as applicable, will make an initial determination concerning the qualifications of the applicant to serve in one or more volunteer position at the Center.
Once a decision is made, the following things will take place:
- Investigation of applicant to assure reasonable fitness to perform duties of position in question
- Completion of criminal background check for a Client Advocate Volunteer
- Perform shadowing of trained volunteer for similar duties for a minimum of four hours for a Client Advocate Volunteer.
This process is designed to not only equip our volunteers, but also make sure they are prepared to work with our clients.
Fill out our Confidential Volunteer Application. Print it out and bring it in to the center.